3.9.08

Grand Designs


This summer I visited the Grand Designs exhibition at The Excel in London, although I love the program I wasn't that impressed with it! Unlike the program this seemed to be basically a fair for companies to sell their products and standard housing products at that. I'm not sure if I was expecting too much but most of it felt like I was walking around Homebase!
The best bits was the furniture design section and I saw a really interesting lecture and debate on progressing Modern Architecture, but excluding that I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a housewife seeking a day out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt exactly the same when i went to see Grand Designs live at the NEC last October. It was a shame that it was more about different companies rather than the houses themselves but it was still enjoyable to see new products coming on to the market. It did provide me with some information about eco housing which was useful for a project at the time but it would not be an exhibition that I would visit again in a hurry.