29.5.07

Situation Leeds




Situation Leeds is an independent contemporary visual art festival, bringing together artists and arts organisations to explore art in public places through installations, events, debates, video and publications.
I came across this installation when walking into the city centre and just thought it was a great way to use the city scape in an exciting way and make a derelict area a place of interest and conversation. The two artists had to re-do this nearly every morning as in the evenings it was often damaged by drunks, thats dedication!


2 comments:

Holly Mee said...

I saw this, it looked really good and considerng the area it was using is derelict it was a nice way to make something of it, brighten it up. But the scale of it must have taken some time to construct, while there i bumped into a drunk person who said it was for catching flying fish...bizarre man.

Anonymous said...

ah haa.
I posted something about this but didn't know anything about it! one day i saw it and the next it was gone! so thank you for enlightening me!